Monday, April 27, 2009

The weekend(weakened?) story...

Yet another weekend just went past in a blitz - Not entirely a worthless one though..
I had a stye in my right eye which existed for long that people hardly ask about it :)So, on Saturday, I suddenly decided to get rid of that lump(thought it wud help me shed some weight!).Then I went to the hospital and the nurse put some antibiotic drops a couple of times...Finally, the Doc enters the room like the Pope comes out to the balcony in Vatican. It was amusing to see the nurse's expression when he was working on my eye with blade and tweezers!! Few minutes later, I was the soldier in Valkyrie movie - right eye closed shut with bandage.
I picked my helmet and an old woman had an unbelievable look on face and she comments - "He is driving bike with one eye!! What a freak!!" I could hardly contain my laughter... One thing I love doing stuff people call stupid/crazy. Single-eyed bike riding was one of those I guess :) I did well except at one point when I totally couldn't make out a speed breaker. Well, the 3-D sense was impacted and reflex sluggish with one eye disabled.
It's always better off in having those body parts in pair, in tact ;)

I also happened to pick my guitar after long time and did some rigorous practice. The pain in the fingers felt so dear and comforting that I was happy happy.. For the time being I am day dreaming seeing myself as an expert guitarist!!

Me and an old friend engaged in a SMS chat and somehow the topic wandered to date(guy-gal date). She mentioned about the boy's age being/should be less than the girl's. It's always puzzled me that why age is such an overwhelming factor in relations. Suppose, the boy is older than the girl, does it mean that he's better positioned than her in any way? Well, I disagree. A person's age need not have any implication on the superiority of emotional or intellectual height( nor physical height :)). Why, do you think any couple would bother themselves with talking about age everyday? Isn't it the sheer genuine liking for your soul mate, also called "frequency match", that decides the fate of a relation? Beauty is surely skin deep but we cannot deny that it's the initial attraction. A few years later that layer just erodes and there are only photos to show up the past "glory"... It all makes me think age is just one of those mental blockades that can ruin the most beautiful happening of a lifetime....
What you say pal?

2 comments:

  1. well...i completely agree with the 'age-no-bar' concept...this was introduced because in our society arranged-mariages are very previlent...so this is just a criteria to narrow down the 'eligible-mate' list...the reason for this critesia to be there is that a girl's mental growth happens eaarlier to that of guys. A 16 yrs old girl is more matured than a 16 yrs old guy... But yes, if the freq match is there...then nothing else is to be seen... 'jab meeya-biwi raazi toh kya karega kaazee...?' wat say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you are bang on target ayesha..
    the last sentence sums it up very well.

    ReplyDelete