Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's recession.. but I guess I am still happy..

Everyday I wake up, I am not sure what lurks in the office.. Insecurity - be it in job or love, I think, disturbs life immensely.
The first time I felt this was when I had two campus offers in my hand but both didn't give the joining dates. It's a long time since and now when I look back, can't believe how edgy I was..
Had read something which said there's no need to fear anything at all - for most of those things we feared in the past never realized. When I was a kid, I flunked in so many tests that I wondered if I will ever get into a college!! Once in college, used to think how badly I had screwed my life by choosing a plain, vanilla bachelor's degree while my friends ran for fancy doctor n engineering courses. Then, miraculously, I fell for MCA and gosh- completed it too..
Makes me believe there's a master mind up there who made a jigsaw puzzle out of my life n now it seems how well the pieces fell into their places neatly.. (not sure if I flicked a few pieces :))
So, am I happy now? I guess yes.. Because
1. Happy to have got good education when I see so many children toiling hard for
bread everyday..
2. Happy to have got both good dad n mom, together :)
3. At 24, I am employed..
4. This is my favorite - I have learnt to save. Till a few months back, I just knew
spending but never saved a penny(read 'paisa' in case you r extremely patriotic).
Now, I have saved a neat figure and it gives such pleasure to have some money.
It's so easy to save once we start doing it. You should give it a try too..
5. Health is wealth - even a good drench in the hardest of rains wont give
me a cold. Aint that good?
6. Got my body in neat shape ( though stupidity is written all over my face )
7. Friends who make me laugh irrespective of the situation..
8. Lesson learnt from failed relation..
9. Still have not completely lost the ability to enjoy subtle joys of life..

Not knowing future is such a good thing.. It keeps me guessing my next turn in life..
That's one thing which ensures hope in life..
So.... What makes you happy?

3 comments: